BACHELOR OF ARTS IN COMMERCIAL MUSIC
POSSIBLE PROFESSIONAL CAREERS
Commercial Music graduates can access to the Master of Arts courses, for further training and specialization. This Degree also encourages the achievement of professional and artistic skills useful in the following professions (non-exhaustive list):
– Solo musician or band
– Song Writer
– Entrepreneur and Manager in the musical or cultural business
– Session man, technician or assistant in recording studios, live concerts, TV / Radio shows
– Teacher in music in vocational or public UK institutions (subject to license)
– Teacher in music in non-vocational schools outside the UK (i.g. Italy)
– A & R (Artist & Repertoire) Representative / Manager in the recording business
– Promoter in music or cultural events
– Artist / Personal Manager
– Booking Agent
– Music Manager in a music production company or publishing company
– Blogger / Influencer in the filed of arts
– Tour Manager
Intakes are permitted twice alone the academic year, enrolling by the 15th of September or by the 15th of January. In exceptional cases the Board can consider late enrollments but any case will be evaluated individually.
The Commercial Music Programme is a 1st cycle UK academic course, so you must meet the following entry requirements before applying:
• Being at least 18 years old (there is no upper age limit); in some cases 16/17 years old applicants can be accepted, i.g. in case of previous UK qualifications such as: BTEC Cert HE or equivalent. Applications in these cases will be considered on an individual basis.
• Having a previous certification such as a Higher School Diploma (or equivalent qualifications to EQF Level 3/4 or otherwise accepted by the Faculty).
• Having a good knowledge of English, the certification IELTS 6.0 is the minimum requirement.
Any other possible equivalent certification will be verified by the Faculty on an individual basis.
DIRECT ACCESS OVER YEAR 1
In some cases is possible to enter the programme directly over the first year, thus completing the course in one or two years. You can access directly at year 2, 3 or 4:
• Presenting a certification such as the
BTEC in music or music technology, Cert HE in music or music business or equivalent certifications (direct access to year 2);
HNC-HND in music or music technology or equivalent certifications (direct access to Year 3);
BA Ordinary Degree or equivalent (direct access to year 4)
• Requiring a validation of prior learning or prior experiential learning. The request will be considered on an individual basis.
The annual number of hours is approximately 800, made of lectures, self-study, workshops, role playing, professional training and project work. Each student is also required to attend workshops, events or cultural activities from time to time offered during the year.
At the end of the programme the student will achieve a Bachelor of Arts Ordinary Degree (3rd year) and a Commercial Music Ordinary Hons Degree (4th year), both corresponding to level 6 EQF. More info qui.